Thursday, August 20, 2009

My FIrst Sewing Project

My Aunt Trudy is teaching me to sew. I spent a few days at her house this week. This is my first time to ever sew. I was very nervous. But it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. First I had to practice sewing straight lines on paper and no thread to get the hang of it. It didn't take too long. Then I made a purse and a bean bag. I did not use a pattern. I designed the purse myself, and my aunt explained how to sew it. It has a lining. I used the French seam to sew up the sides. I am hoping I can do more sewing. My grandmother is supposed to give my mom a sewing machine that I can use so I can sew at my house. I hope she does soon because I really want to sew. I like sewing. My 8 year old cousin showed me how to sew the bean bag.










I also got to spend a lot of time playing with my cousins. I had a lot of fun.


13 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have an Aunt Trudy to teach you to sew! I had my grandmother, Honey, and my Aunt Cissy. I'll never forget those days. I wish I could tell them how much I appreciate the time they took with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of my "Precious Angel" and a Big thank you to my Sis for taking the time to teach her to sew. Ashley, I hope you will take the time and practice the dkills your Aunt Trudy taught you. I love you so much!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had fun teaching you to sew. You did a great job. Maybe we can do it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ashly for becoming my follower! God bless! Aimee K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I spelled your name wrong! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nickel. I saw your purse in person and I was impressed. Excellent work My Little Love.
    Grandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ashley! Warm wishes from Tokyo, Japan. We know your aunt Trudy & cousin Emily. How wonderful it must be to start learning a skill which like biking, will be something that will useful for years & years! And how wonderful too to have the encouragement of your grandmother & mother too!

    My daughter, Annika is your age. She has been sewing since 7 (embroidery & also with the machine).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ashley,
    I am so proud that you are sewing! What a fun time you will have making things you create! I began sewing when I was 9 yrs old, and I made a skirt I wore for several years. I also made the pattern out of newspaper...this was in the early 1960's! I now have 5 granddaughters and the oldest is 6 years old. I hope she will want to sew. Her mother, my daughter said she would never sew, and now she sews all the time! She makes beautiful quilts. May God bless you...and I will look forward to seeing your new projects. Just enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I made a new blog you might want to see!
    http://artworkwithaimee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I just happen to come across your blog and I was just wondering if you're still sewing 'coz this was since 2009 yet! Like you, I learned how to sew when I was 12 and many years later I'm still sewing! :-) I just love sewing so much I never get bored! Best wishes to you! :-)~M xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Aunt Irene taught me to sew. That was many, many years ago. One of my fondest memories in life! I will treasure it always, I'm sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is how the art is passed down and what a great sight to see. Thank you for sharing this with us. This can be good to follow.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.